Maintenance Procedures when using own contractors
Please note the following procedures if landlords use their own contractors.
Gas Check Procedures:
1. PAD4U send letter to tenant & Landlord to advise of gas check expiry date
2. PAD4U pass over tenant details to landlord (with tenants permission) or arrange access to keys
3. Landlord arranges check with own contractor before the expiry date.
4. Landlord provides PAD4U with copy of gas certificate on or before the expiry date.
5. Landlord confirms it has been received.
Please note if we do not receive a certificate on or before the expiry date (for whatever reason), we have to act as agent of necessity and carry out a gas check on your behalf to fulfill our duty of care to the tenant and to protect the landlord.
1. PAD4U take a call from the tenant for repairs
2. PAD4U contact Landlord by telephone or email to advise of repairs reported
3. PAD4U pass over tenant details (with tenants permission) or arrange keys to be available at office.
4. Landlord arranges work with own contractor
5. Landlord provides PAD4U with update or upon completion of repairs carried out.
Please note that whilst we understand landlords sometimes use their own contractors, we cannot schedule their appointments, be responsible for them carrying out works, the quality of work, etc.
PAD4U contractors are all vetted, have Professional Indemnity Insurance where appropriate, are members of their appropriate standard bodies (Gas Safe Register, NICEIC) - checked annually, have their worked cross checked by our Project Manager regularly, leave the property clean and tidy.
If for any reason their work is unsatisfactory we will arrange for another contractor to carry out the work free of charge.
It is for the above reasons that we recommended the use of PAD4U contractors where possible.
If you have any questions regarding these procedures please contact me [email protected]