How to sell your home
As we enter a new decade it’s now time to pack up the decorations, put the tree away and finish off eating all those Christmas treats. Christmas is over and 2020 is now here! If you’re planning to sell your property in the New Year, now is the ideal time to start getting house proud. Now this can be a little overwhelming and you may be thinking this is going to take a lot of work to get your home market ready! Fear not! We’re here with a list of top tips to help you get ready to show off your property.
How to nail the first impressions:
- Clean your windows - may be an obvious one but it will make a big impact!
- Door envy - giving your front door a lick of paint to freshen it up will entice your viewers in - adding a new door mat will enforce this.
- Clean and clutter free entrance hall - this will give the feeling of space and a light and airy feeling.
- Make sure the gardens are maintained - you want buyers to be able to see themselves living in the property and a well-maintained garden will give the feeling of a looked after home.
- Make space for your viewers to park on the drive - The last thing you want is potential buyers worrying about parking wars.
- Be honest - hiding small problems with blankets/throws won’t help you as potential buyers will wonder what else you may be hiding.
The presentation game
The above tips will help you to give your home a cleaner tidier feel, which is always important. However, an organised home will help buyers’ picture how they would fit in to the living space. To present your home in the best possible light, consider these important tips.
- Declutter - A tidy home is a tidy mind. Don’t let buyers feel crowded by big bulky items, removing these temporarily can have a real positive impact.
- Let there be light - Always keep curtains open, windows clean and get as much natural light in to the property as possible.
- Warm home warm hear t- Try to make sure the house is always warm and inviting, even the rooms you don’t really use.
- Bathroom chaos - Always keep your bathroom clean and free of clutter some plastic storage boxes are a great way to save space and keep all those products from sight.
Following these simple but time-consuming tips will help to keep your home tidy, organised and welcoming. This will all help towards showing off your ideal home for when viewings start. Remember visitors need to imagine themselves living in your home so let’s get house proud in 2020!